Історія ордену босих кармелітів.

Історія ордену кармелітів (інакше - орден братів Пресвятої Діви Марії з гори Кармель) бере свої початки з Палестини. Його колискою є гора Кармель, що височіє над Середземним морем, поблизу порту Хайфа. Це місце здавна було освячене життям і діяльністю пророка Іллі, котрий проводив тут суворе життя подвижника, віддаючись молитві та боротьбі з ідолопоклонством. Культ святого Іллі на горі Кармель існував на протязі століть і залишається до сьогодення. Особливою пошаною оточували св. Іллю пустельники, які мешкали в численних печерах Кармелю, і з цієї причини називалися кармелітами. Одвічно вони жили за прикладом святого Пророка, якого вважали своїм духовним батьком і покровителем.
Крім набожності до пророка Іллі, кармелітська духовність відзначається також тим, що центральну позицію в ній займає Божа Матір. Ціле духовне життя Кармелю є Марійним у своїх початках, назві, літургії, містиці, поглядах та апостольській діяльності.
Історичні початки ордену сягають XII століття. Один із настоятелів організованої чернечої спільноти святий Брокард, звернувся до єрусалимського патріарха Альберта з проханням затвердити статут життя пустельників Кармелю. Найбільш вірогідною датою написання цього статуту вважають 1209 рік. 3 січня 1226 року статут затвердив папа Гонорій III.
Радість з приводу визнання Церквою ордену була нетривалою. Турецька навала на Палестину поставила життя пустельників під загрозу. З 1238 року розпочалась офіційна еміграція кармелітів з Палестини до Європи. Орден почав бурхливо розвиватись. На кінець XIII століття в ньому нараховувалось вже 100, наприкінці XIV століття - 200 монастирів.
Кінець XIV та XV століття характеризуються кризою життя ордену кармелітів. Це було пов'язане з певними об'єктивними та суб'єктивними факторами (епідемії, релігійні війни, західна схизма, тощо). Реагуючи на це, кармеліти намагалися реформувати орден, повернувши стиль життя ченців до первісного статуту. Найбільш знаною є реформа святих Терези від Ісуса та Йоана від Хреста, що розпочалась в Іспанії. Ці двоє святих і до сьогодні відомі в католицькій Церкві як вселенські вчителі. 1580 року після реформ кармеліти отримали дозвіл відокремитись і заснувати власний орден - орден Босих кармелітів.
1604 року група кармелітів вирушила з Риму до Персії. Обрали вони свій шлях через Австрію, Чехію, Польщу та Росію, оминаючи Туреччину. Таким чином на початку XVII століття кармеліти потрапили до слов'янських земель. 1605 року на запрошення місцевої влади інша група монахів прибула до польського міста Краків, де й заснувала свій монастир. 3 часом орден Босих кармелітів поширився з Кракова іншими містами Європи, зокрема були засновані монастирі у Львові та Бердичеві.


Історія санктуарію (храму).

1430 Великий князь Литовський Свидригайло подарував землю, на якій було засновано Бердичів, Каленику - наміснику путивльському і Звенигородському - пращуру родини Тишкевичів.
1542 Перша інформація про Бердичів в описі Житомирського замку, в якому під час нападу Менгпі-Гірея сховалися мешканці Бердичева.
1569 Люблінська унія. Бердичів було включено до складу Речі Посполитої.
1630 Ян Тишкевич зробив в Люблінському Трибуналі запис, надавши замок у Бердичеві босим кармелітам.
1634 Єпископ Київський Андрій Шолдирський заклав наріжний камінь під фундамент нижнього костьолу, що носить назву Непорочного Зачаття Пресвятої Діви Марії. Ян Тишкевич подарував ікону Божої Матері.
1642 Посвячення костьолу. Ця дата вважається початком чернечого життя в Бердичівському монастирі.
1756 Закінчено спорудження верхнього костьолу. Архітектор - Ян де Вітте, художник - Фридерічче.
1756 Єпископ Київський Каєтан Солтик коронував чудотворну Ікону коронами, подарованими папою Бенедиктом XIV. Спостерігається зростання релігійного значення міста.
1758 Було засновано друкарню під назвою "Фортеця Пресвятої Діви Марії", школу, бібліотеку, аптеку.
1772 Бердичів включено до складу Російської імперії.
1831 Було закрито школу і друкарню.
1866 Було ліквідовано монастир.
1926 Приміщення костьолу стало центром атеїстичної пропаганди.
1941-1945 Пожежа в костьолі. Німецька окупація. Територія монастирського комплексу стала єврейським гетто.
1950 Приміщення нижнього храму було пристосовано для занять спортом.
1991 Повернення кармелітів. Храм повернули віруючим.
1998 Коронація нової Ікони Божої Матері.
2006 250-та річниця першої коронації ікони Божої Матері.

Щороку 16 липня - свято Матері Божої з гори Кармель.

Першоджерела:
# Інформаційні таблиці монастиря босих кармелітів у Бердичеві.

НазадДо серії фото монастиря босих кармелітів у Бердичеві


История ордена босых кармелитов.

История ордена кармелитов (иначе - орден братьев Пресвятой Девы Марии с горы Кармель) берет свое начало в Палестины. Его колыбелью является гора Кармель, возвышающаяся над Средиземным морем вблизи порта Хайфа. Это место издавна было освящено жизнью и деятельностью пророка Ильи, который проводил здесь суровую жизнь подвижника, отдаваясь молитве и борьбе с идолопоклонничеством. Культ святого Ильи на горе Кармель существовал в течение веков и сохранился до наших дней. Особенным почетом окружали св. Илью отшельники, жившие в многочисленных пещерах Кармеля, и по этой причине называвшиеся кармелитами. Извечно они жили по примеру святого Пророка, которого считали своим духовным отцом и покровителем.
Кроме набожности к пророку Ильи, кармелитская духовность отмечается также тем, что центральную позицию в ней занимает Мать Божья. Целая духовная жизнь Кармеля является Марийным в своих началах, названии, литургии, мистике, взглядах и апостольской деятельности.
Историческое начало ордена относится к XII веку. Один из настоятелей организованного монашеского сообщества святой Брокард, обратился к иерусалимскому патриарху Альберту с просьбой утвердить устав жизни отшельников Кармеля. Наиболее достоверной датой написания этого устава считают 1209 год. 3 января 1226 года устав утвердил папа Гонорий III.
Радость по поводу признания Церковью ордена была непродолжительной. Турецкое нашествие на Палестину поставило жизнь отшельников под угрозу. С 1238 года началась официальная эмиграция кармелитов из Палестины в Европу. Орден начал бурно развиваться. В конце XIII века в нем насчитывалось уже 100, в конце XIV века - 200 монастырей.
Конец XIV и XV века характеризуются кризисом ордена кармелитов. Это было связано с определенными объективными и субъективными факторами (эпидемии, религиозные войны, западная схизма, и тому подобное). Реагируя на это, кармелиты пытались реформировать орден, вернув стиль жизни монахов к первоначальному уставу. Наиболее известной является реформа святых Терезы от Иисуса и Йоана от Креста, начавшаяся в Испании. Эти двое святых и до сих пор известны в католической Церкви как вселенские учителя. В 1580 году после реформ кармелиты получили разрешение отделиться и учредить собственный орден - орден Босых кармелитов.
В 1604 году группа кармелитов отправилась из Рима в Персию. Они выбрали свой путь через Австрию, Чехию, Польшу и Россию, в обход Турции. Таким образом в начале XVII века кармелиты попали в славянские земли. В 1605 году по приглашению местной власти другая группа монахов прибыла в польский город Краков, где и учредила свой монастырь. Со временем орден Босых кармелитов распространился из Кракова в другие города Европы, в частности были основаны монастыри во Львове и Бердичеве.


История санктуария (храма).

1430 Великий князь Литовский Свидригайло подарил землю, на которой был основан Бердичев, Каленику - наместнику путивльскому и Звенигородскому - пращуру семьи Тишкевичей.
1542 Первая информация о Бердичеве в описании Житомирского замка, в котором во время нападения Менгпи-Гирея спрятались жители Бердичева.
1569 Люблинская уния. Бердичев был включен в состав Речи Посполитой.
1630 Ян Тишкевич сделал в Люблинском Трибунале запись, предоставив замок в Бердичеве босым кармелитам.
1634 Епископ Киевский Андрей Шолдирский заложил краеугольный камень под фундамент нижнего костела, носящего название Непорочного Зачатия Пресвятой Девы Марии.
1642 Освящение костела. Эта дата считается началом монашеской жизни в Бердичевском монастыре.
1756 Закончено сооружение верхнего костела. Архитектор - Ян де Витте, художник - Фридеричче.
1756 Епископ Киевский Каетан Солтик короновал чудотворную Икону коронами, подаренными папой Бенедиктом XIV. Наблюдается рост религиозного значения города.
1758 Были основаны типография под названием "Крепость Пресвятой Девы Марии", школа, библиотека, аптека.
1772 Бердичев включен в состав Российской империи.
1831 Были закрыты школа и типография.
1866 Был ликвидирован монастырь.
1926 Помещение костела стало центром атеистической пропаганды.
1941-1945 Пожар в костеле. Немецкая оккупация. Территория монастырского комплекса стала еврейским гетто.
1950 Помещение нижнего храма было приспособлено для занятий спортом.
1991 Возвращение кармелитов. Храм вернули верующим.
1998 Коронация новой Иконы Божьей Матери.
2006 250-я годовщина первой коронации иконы Божьей Матери.

Ежегодно 16 июля - праздник Матери Божьей с горы Кармель.

Первоисточники:
# Информационные таблички монастыря босых кармелитов в Бердичеве.

НазадК серии фотографий монастыря босых кармелитов в Бердичеве


The history of the Shrine of Our Lady of Scapular.

The monastery of the Discalced Carmelite Fathers in Berdychiv in the Ukraine was founded in the year 1630 by John Tyszkiewicz, the Voivode of Kyiv, as a votive offering in thanksgiving for having been freed from the captivity of the Tartars. The inauguration of religious life in the monastery and the dedication of the lower church, also called the Chapel of The Immaculate Conception, took place on July 22, 1642 with the Bishop of Kyiv, Andrew Szoldrski, presiding. On the occasion of this feast the founder offered the new church a painting of Our Lady of the Snows, a 16th century work of the Hodegetrian Style, reputed within the Tyszkiowicz family for having granted many favors and graces over the years. The cult of the image grew enormously in the region, as more and more people reported having received particular graces from it. The Bishop of Kyiv himself, Bishop Stanislav Zaremba, received the grace of a miraculous healing. After having acquainted himself with the documentation of the various graces and miracles obtained through the intercession of Our Lady, by an official act of his position as Bishop, on May 23, 1647, he declared the image of Our Lady of Berdychiv miraculous. From that time on began a long tradition of pilgrim aging to the Shrine.
Between 1739-1754 the building of an upper church on the foundations of the lower took place, a typical basilica in the form of a latin cross, with a copula on top of a crossed transept. The now church was consecrated June 9, 1754 by the Bishop of Kyiv, Caietan Soltyk. He presented the request of the Carmelite Fathers for the coronation of the painting with Papal Crowns at the gathering of the Senate in Grodno. After receiving the permission of the Senate, the King of Poland, August III, and the Primas, Archbishop Adam Komorowski, sent the request to the Holy Father, Pope Benedict XIV. The Holy Father sent golden crowns embedded with precious stones together with the official decree of the Papal Chapter, signed January 28, 1753. Bishop Caietan Soltyk presided over the ceremony which took place July 16, 1756 in royal pomp, participating in the ceremony were numerous religious and members of the clergy and military as well as 50,000 lay people.
For the safety of the shrine a defense system was established, first of all by digging trenches, surrounded by mounds of dirt and then by filling the trenches with water, towers were built, and over 60 soldiers took turns at guard in the "Fortress of Our Lady", at the request of the prior of the monastery they received the assistance of 120 ready-men, capable of defending the fortress in the event of attack by enemies.
In the 18th and 19th centuries the monastery in Berdychiv became the center, not only of religious life and the cult of Our Lady in the Ukraine, but also of culture and charity. By means of its printing press and school it played a very important role in promoting culture and education. The Shrine of Our Lady became the spiritual capital for the Roman Catholics of the Ukraine. It was considered a holy place, a place of the Lord and a point of pilgrimage for those wishing to give honor to Our Lady as well as for those wishing to do penance in the hopes of reconciliation with God.
At some point the golden crowns with which the image of Our Lady of Berdychiv was decorated were stolen. Pope Pius lX sent new crowns at the request of the Fathers for repetition of the crowning. Bishop Casper Borowski presided over the recrowning ceremony June 6, 1854. In 1866, the Russian Czar confiscated the Carmelite's monastery, placing the Shrine under the protection of diocesan clergy. For a short period of time the Carmelites again had possession of the Shrine from 1918-1926. After the death of Fr. Teresius Sztobryn, the communist regime confiscated the Shrine claiming it as a national treasure. They turned the upper church into a museum and the lower church into an atheistic cinema. In 1941 just before the German invasion the Shrine and monastery were looted and burnt.
After 65 years on November 15, 1991 the Discalced Carmelites once again received possesion of the upper and lower churches. In difficult surroundings they began parish and apostolic work in the remains of the Shrine. They undertook the difficulties of general remodeling and reconstruction of both the churches. Because of the new movement of pilgrimages coming to the old Shrine, a new image of Our Lady of Berdychiv was painted, the original having been lost during the communist regime. The painting was blessed by the Holy Father, John Paul II, in the church of St. Hedwig in Cracow, June 9, 1997. The Coronation of the painting with Papel Crowns will take place in Bordychiv on the Feast of Our Lady of Mt.
Carmel, July 19, 1998. On top of the ruins of marxist communism Our Lady returns to her Shrine, to heal wounded hearts, to open the eyes of the blind, to reveal to mankind the true meaning of life and to lead all people to the freedom which is ours' as children of God.

Source material:
# Data placards of monastery of the Discalced Carmelite Fathers in Berdychiv.

НазадTo photos of Monastery of the Discalced Carmelite Fathers in Berdychiv





Rambler's Top100

Hosted by uCoz